With all this blog talk we haven't really gone near the idea of making your own blog creation. Yes, yes, online friends I feel your hands trembling on the keyboard. Create my own blog? Yes. For those of you who have made the online journaling commitment - good on you! For the late adopters... come on, the internet pool is nice and warm and ready for you.
Do you have an opinion about something? Are you passionate about an area in your life? Do you need a forum to complain about your less then stellar love life? Then share it. NO WAIT - don't share about that last one ~ unless you are ready to be Carrie Bradshaw 2.0. Let's keep it to our online career topic. The whole idea here is to show potential employers that you can write, have a unique point-of-view, and embrace digital technology.
Follow these steps and prove to yourself and the online universe that you CAN do it!
- Choose what you want to write about
- Pick an online resource - Blogger & WordPress are both FREE and work great
- Determine some sort of publishing schedule - how often are you going to write
- Populate your posting with images, video, and anything that makes for a rich experience
- Start building your followers by asking friends and family to support your blog
The previous steps are incredibly simplified but it really is easy to set up and get going. There are also hundreds of sites, forums, and blogs that can coach you in blogging 101.
Still timid to try? Then YOU start following blogs that are already out there. After awhile you might even be so bold to comment on posting topics that interest you. This is a great way to start a conversation with pros in your chosen industry.
On your mark, GeT sEt, START BLOGGING!